Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is it still Scrapbooking if You Don't Journal?

I just got into digital scrapbooking a few months ago. I had seen the paper scraps in Jo Ann Fabrics and Wal-Mart, but knew if I ever got into that, I'd bury myself under all the clutter (yes, I'm a bit of a packrat if I don't keep it under control). But I had always enjoyed working with graphics in Paintshop Pro so I thought "why couldn't I do it digitally?" Lo and behold, it turns out there's a whole section of the interwebz carved out and devoted to Digiscrap! I've been like a kid in a candy store ever since digging up freebies and spending my petty cash on layout kits.

I'm not sure if what I do still counts as scrapping though. It seems most scrap pages have some type of journaling. Maybe I'll just call it "photo embellishing" :)

At any rate, the picture above is of Glenna, my wonderful Mother-in-Law (I was blessed with one of the GOOD ones, if not the best!), my nephew Mason and my son Brandon who was three days old in this picture. The kit I used is Botanical Bliss from Raspberry Road Designs (probably the last kit I'll ever buy from them, but that's another story and I wont go there).

No comments:

Post a Comment